About the job
Mage Control Systems is expanding its software team and is seeking to recruit full-time Software Engineers at various levels (from graduate to senior and beyond). The successful candidate will develop embedded control software, communication links, and HMI development for a range of our key projects
As a Software Engineer working for Mage, you will work closely with our vibrant team of electronic, software, and mechanical engineers who design, test, and develop prototypes for intelligent control systems. Our work also requires the development of embedded control system design and production.
Roles are suited to individuals who are passionate about writing software for hardware and who would welcome challenges that will enhance their learning and develop their skill base.
Mage Control Systems develops unique, innovative core technologies that are applied across a wide range of industry sectors, such as renewables, medical, aerospace and industrial instrumentation. We are one of Scotland’s leading design houses, reaching clients across the UK and internationally. We offer excellent learning and development opportunities for engineers at all levels of personal and professional development.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree (2:2 or higher) in a Software/Computing orientated subject
- Experience in embedded programming – microcontrollers, Raspberry Pi, Arduino
- Experience in programming in C or C++
- Experience/knowledge of GIT and/or other version control
- Knowledge of formal software development methods
- Working within a multi-disciplinary technological team
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated to learn and develop skills
- Mathematical skills
- Knowledge of electronics
- Experience with Matlab tools: Simulink, Embedded Coder, etc.
- Experience with National Instruments LabVIEW
- Generous annual leave
- Work-life balance supported by a 36-hour week and 3.30 PM finish on Fridays
- Flexitime management system
- Fantastic team culture with a commitment to staff wellbeing
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV including the job reference number (SE0113) to [email protected].
Equality, diversity and fair access to opportunity are very important to us at Mage Control Systems. So, in order to ensure that our selection process is as inclusive as possible, we remove information such as your name, age, address, and the names of any high schools that you attended in your CV or covering letter. This information will only be shared with the interview panel if you are to be selected for an interview.