About the job
Mage Control Systems Ltd is seeking to employ a Software Engineer on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will develop embedded control software, communications links, and HMI development for a range of our key projects.
The Software Engineer will work closely with our team of electronic and software engineers who design, test, and develop prototypes for intelligent control systems. Our work also requires the development of embedded control system design and production.
The role is suited to an experienced software engineer (or the right graduate) who is passionate about writing software for hardware and who would welcome challenges that will enhance their learning and develop their skill base.
Main responsibilities, tasks, and activities:
- Carry out new project development, creating software/firmware either individually or alongside other software engineers
- Carry out firmware development on the upgrading of legacy products,
- Work alongside electronics engineers on projects to develop systems as a whole and ensure all (not only software requirements) are met.
- Carry out detailed firmware design to include following best practices and ensuring relevant processes are carried out (code coverage checks, static analysis, etc.)
- Develop software to design requirements i.e. function, cost, and noting implications for and around obsolescence
- Version control all software/firmware development using GIT
- Ensure that all other work and information are kept up to date and recorded as per company quality assurance requirements and applicable international standards.
- Prepare and present designs to other members of the design team and project stakeholders at design reviews or project meetings.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree (2:2 or higher) in a Software/Computing orientated subject
- Experience in embedded programming – microcontrollers, Raspberry Pi, Arduino
- Experience in programming in C or C++
- Experience/knowledge of GIT and/or other version control
- Knowledge of formal software development methods
- Working within a multi-disciplinary technological team
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated to learn and develop skills
- Mathematical skills
- Knowledge of electronics
- Experience with Matlab tools: Simulink, Embedded Coder, etc.
- Experience with National Instruments LabVIEW
East Kilbride site/Remote working
No. of positions:
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected].
Equality, diversity, and fair access to opportunity are very important to us at Mage Control Systems. So, in order to ensure that our selection process is as inclusive as possible, we ask that you do not include information such as your name, age, address, and the names of any high schools that you attended in your CV or covering letter. Your initials will be fine.
However, in order that our business support staff can process your application, please include your name, e-mail address, and a contact telephone number in your initial email. This information will only be shared with the interview panel if you are to be selected for an interview.