Mage Control Systems is expanding its design team and is seeking to recruit full-time Electronics Design Engineers at various levels (from graduate to senior and beyond). Your role would mainly involve schematics design, PCB layout and hands-on testing of electronics for devices used in a variety of applications and sectors.
As an engineer working for Mage, you will work closely with our vibrant team of electronic, software, and mechanical engineers to develop complete solutions for our clients and for our own original products.
Roles are suited to individuals who have a knowledge of and passion for digital, analogue and power electronics design. Preferably, you should have experience in taking projects from an initial concept through design and test to project realisation.
About us: Mage Control Systems develops unique, innovative core technologies that are applied across a wide range of industry sectors, such as renewables, medical, aerospace and industrial instrumentation. We are one of Scotland’s leading design houses, reaching clients across the UK and internationally. We offer excellent learning and development opportunities for engineers at all levels of personal and professional development.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree in Electronics orientated subject
- Working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of analogue and digital circuit design and power electronics
- Experience testing and fault-finding electronics (PCB) designs
- Experience with SPICE simulation
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with a schematic capture/PCB design package.
- Experience with Autodesk Eagle
- Experience with model-based design (e.g., Simulink)
- Basic understanding of C/C++ or other software languages
- Experience debugging model and code issues
- Experience with RF/EMI compliance
- Generous annual leave
- Work-life balance supported by a 36-hour week and 3.30 PM finish on Fridays
- Flexi time management system
- Fantastic team culture with a commitment to staff wellbeing
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV to [email protected].
Equality, diversity and fair access to opportunity are very important to us at Mage Control Systems. So, in order to ensure that our selection process is as inclusive as possible, we ask that you do not include information such as your name, age, address, and the names of any high schools that you attended in your CV or covering letter. Your initials will be fine.
However, in order that our business support staff can process your application, please include your name, e-mail address and a contact telephone number in your initial email. This information will only be shared with the interview panel if you are to be selected for an interview.