About the job
Mage Control Systems is expanding its electronics team and is seeking to recruit full-time Electronic Design Engineers at various levels (from graduate to senior and beyond). The successful candidate will develop embedded control software, communication links, and HMI development for a range of our key projects
As an Electronics Design Engineer working for Mage, you will work closely with our vibrant team of electronic, software, and mechanical engineers who design, test, and develop prototypes for intelligent control systems. Our work also requires the development of embedded control system design and production.
Roles are suited to individuals who are passionate about electronics design and who would welcome challenges that will enhance their learning and develop their skill base.
Mage Control Systems develops unique, innovative core technologies that are applied across a wide range of industry sectors, such as renewables, medical, aerospace and industrial instrumentation. We are one of Scotland’s leading design houses, reaching clients across the UK and internationally. We offer excellent learning and development opportunities for engineers at all levels of personal and professional development.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A degree in Electronics Engineering or a related discipline (Bachelors or above required).
- Relevant professional experience in PCB design and layout (experience using Autodesk Eagle would be an advantage).
- Significant experience designing real electronics assemblies which utilised one or more of the following design fields: analogue, RF, power, motor control.
- Experience developing products from scratch.
- Experience testing and verifying that designs meet their intended functional purpose and their requirements.
- Excellent verbal, documentation and communication skills.
- With Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) best practices and techniques.
- With Model-based Design (Simulink) to simulate and design control firmware.
- Managing and leading projects (big or small).
- Working directly with clients or in a client-facing role.
- With best-practice design techniques for EMC compliance and/or EMC testing.
- Generous annual leave
- Work-life balance supported by a 36-hour week and a 9-day fortnight schedule, having alternate Fridays off
- Flexitime management system
- Fantastic team culture with a commitment to staff wellbeing
Location and transport
Mage is located in the Scottish Enterprise Technology Park, East Kilbride. For those who live in or near Glasgow, it’s a half-hour drive from the city centre. You’ll be driving in the right direction to miss the rush hour traffic (as most commuters travel into Glasgow in the morning and back out at the end of the day).
There are also great public transport links, with buses taking you from most areas of Glasgow to a 15-minute walk away. There is also a train service between Glasgow Central and East Kilbride.
We look forward to receiving your application and we hope we’ll be welcoming you onboard soon.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV to [email protected].
Equality, diversity and fair access to opportunity are very important to us at Mage Control Systems. So, in order to ensure that our selection process is as inclusive as possible, we remove information such as your name, age, address, and the names of any high schools that you attended in your CV or covering letter. This information will only be shared with the interview panel if you are to be selected for an interview.
NB – No recruitment agencies, please. Thank you.